Blyth Spartans are at Croft Park for a National League North tie as they host AFC Telford United.
Blyth Spartans thought they held out for three points against Leamington after Nicky Deverdics scored a brace, but Jack Edwards’s 94th-minute equaliser shared the points.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance via our online system.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office on 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- We will operate a cash turnstile. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance.
- Tickets purchased in advance must be printed or stored on your phone. Without proof of ticket, you will not be permitted into Croft Park.
- Advanced tickets can be bought up until 2pm on a matchday.
- Should you wish to sit in the Port of Blyth Stand, you should purchase in advance.
Lewis McNall, Nathan Buddle and Josh Gillies remain out. Michael Liddle, Danny Barlow and Alex Nicholson are getting closer to a return but Saturdays match may be too soon.
Kevin Wilkin’s side currently sits bottom of the National League North and still remains winless since the opening day of the season on August 6.
Telford suffered another defeat on the bounce as they lost 4-1 at home to Darlington FC.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING
After a disappointing draw against Leamington, Graham Fenton said: “It’s very disappointing, in terms of result, not performance, I was very happy with the lads tonight.
“So we had a few words after Saturday’s performance which across the board wasn’t good enough, there were some good performances but nowhere near enough and tonight was a big improvement across the board right from the start to be fair I thought we played some good stuff, had some really good opportunities and showed some real good character going a goal behind.
“We just don’t be able to seem to get the goal in front early in the game, but I can’t have a go at the lads as they gave everything they’ve got today and we were just unfortunate towards the end.”
LAST TIME WE MET
The sides last faced off against each other in April 2022, where the match finished a 2-2 draw as The Spartans had pulled back a 1-0 deficit thanks to Danny Barlow and Angelo Capello, but Dervan Green’s 93rd-minute equaliser gave Telford a share of the spoils.
However, at Croft Park earlier in the season, then Terry Mitchell’s side scored late twice to win 2-0 as it took Robbie Dale 87th minutes to open the scoring and then just three minutes later the three points were secured after an own goal from Nathan Pond.
Join Niall Bromley and Nathan Buddle on Blyth Live from 2:45
Alternatively, you can follow the game via our social media platforms.