By Luke Duden
Blyth Spartans host Hereford at Croft Park in a National League North fixture on Saturday 26th March.
Spartans come into the game following a 3-1 defeat against Bradford (Park Avenue) on Tuesday, but will hope to re-create the performance that saw them 1-0 winners away at Chorley last weekend.
To celebrate The National Lottery Football Weekends, all adult season ticket holders and any adult who has purchased a ticket in advance will be able to claim a free ticket. Check here for more info.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance via our online system – here.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office on 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- We will operate a cash turnstile. However we strongly encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance.
- Tickets purchased in advance must be printed or stored on your phone. Without proof of ticket, you will not be permitted into Croft Park.
- Advanced tickets can be bought up until 2pm on a matchday.
- Should you wish to sit in the Port of Blyth Stand, you should purchase in advance.
There are no new injury concerns as current absentees Connor Thomson and Michael Liddle continue to be assessed.
Hereford sit in ninth in the National League North, just three points behind York in the play-off positions.
The Bulls are without a win in their last six, drawing four and losing two. They failed to score in three of those matches, and drew the remaining three 1-1.
The goal-scorer in their last outing, a one all draw with Kettering Town was forward Miles Storey, who was substituted off with a hamstring issue in the first half.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING
Speaking after the loss to Bradford (Park Avenue), assistant manager Graeme Coulson said: “We’re not deluded, we know where we are as a group. We know where we want to be.”
“We’ll lift the spirits of the lads, get the atmosphere in the group positive and go again for Hereford on Saturday.”
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
Hereford assistant manager, Steve Burr, said after the 1-1 draw with Kettering Town: “Like we’ve said all along, we’ll try and get as many points as we can.
“We’re not giving up anything yet. We’ve had a little blip over the last few weeks, and we’ve got to the stage where we don’t expect to lose games.
“It becomes a bigger disappointment when you don’t win games.”
LAST TIME WE MET
Spartans’ trip to Edgar Street ended in a 2-0 defeat in November of last year, courtesy of goals by Ryan McLean and Daniel Smith.
Blyth have endured a miserable run against the Bulls, losing each of their previous five encounters in National League North.
Join Niall Bromley and Phil Castiaux on Blyth Live from 2:45pm.
Alternatively you can follow the match on our social media channels.