By Ben Lightfoot
Blyth Spartans take on Bradford (Park Avenue) on Tuesday Night at Croft Park
Last time out Spartans played out a 2-2 draw at home to Alfreton Town. Blyth came back from a goal down thanks to strikes from JJ O’Donnell and Josh Scott, before the visitors levelled with a penalty deep into added time.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance via our online system.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office on 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- We will operate a cash turnstile. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance.
- Tickets purchased in advance must be printed or stored on your phone. Without proof of ticket, you will not be permitted into Croft Park.
- Advanced tickets can be bought up until 2pm on a matchday.
- Should you wish to sit in the Port of Blyth Stand, you should purchase in advance.
Blyth are still without Lewis McNall, Danny Barlow and Nathan Buddle. There’ll be hopes Alex Nicholson will be fit to return to the squad after missing the last few matches.
Bradford sit second bottom of the National League North having won just two of their 11 league games this season.
However, they appear to have turned a corner, with their two wins ocrruing in their last two fixtures, against Curzon Ashton and Hereford respectively. Their win over the Bulls came courtesy of a penalty from Jacob Blyth, four minutes from time.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING
Speaking after Saturday’s draw with Alfreton, Fenton was unhappy with his side’s first-half performance. “We didn’t come out the blocks well enough, and the intensity wasn’t good enough.
These lads have shown in games this season that we’re better than what we’ve been showing. Sometimes we look really good but sometimes we don’t get up to them standards.
Credit to the lads for getting the lead but ultimately we’ve got to see it through.”
LAST TIME WE MET
Last season Bradford PA managed to do the double over the Spartans as they won 3-1 at Croft Park and 2-1 earlier in the season at Horsfall stadium.
The last time Blyth defeated Bradford at Croft Park came in February 2018 after a Dale Hopson brace and Jarrett Rivers secured the Spartans a 3-0 win.
Join Ben Lightfoot and Phil Castiaux on Blyth Live from 7:30
Alternatively, you can follow the game via our social media platforms.