By Ben Lightfoot
Blyth Spartans return to Croft Park on Tuesday night as they face Bradford (Park Avenue) A.F.C.
The Spartans head into the game after a victory against Chorley on Saturday, which saw Robbie Dale’s goal secure three points for Blyth.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance via our online system.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office on 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- We will operate a cash turnstile. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance.
- Tickets purchased in advance must be printed or stored on your phone. Without proof of ticket, you will not be permitted into Croft Park.
- Advanced tickets can be bought up until an hour before kick off.
- Should you wish to sit in the Port of Blyth Stand, you should purchase in advance.
There are no new injures updates following Saturday’s match against Chorley.
Bradford currently sits 17th in the National League, just two league positions ahead of the Spartans, with a three-point gap between the teams.
Mark Bower’s side have won one of their last five league games, with their only win coming against bottom of the league Farsley Celtic, where they won 1-0.
Last time out Bradford lost 2-1 at home to Gloucester City.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING
Speaking after the win against Chorley, Terry Mitchell said: “It was an outstanding defensive display. We showed that, as well as being good footballers, we can do the other side of the game when needed.
“You can just feel the confidence oozing in them and I’ve got to say fantastic support again, it’s unbelievable the support since I’ve come in and its top draw.
“We need to back it up as we’ve got two home games and we haven’t won at home for a few games now, we need to back it up, that performance on Tuesday from Saturday.”
Also, captain Nathan Buddle said: “It’s a massive result today. But we have to go into Tuesday night and make sure we back it up.”
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
After their defeat to Gloucester, Mark Bower said: “I don’t think we played particulate well over the past few weeks, but I thought today we were the better team.
“We certainly didn’t deserve to lose the game and I would have been disappointed with a point, to be honest.”
LAST TIME WE MET
In the previous league meeting in October, Bradford were victorious as they beat the Spartans 2-1, with JJ O’Donnell scoring our only goal.
The last time the sides met at Croft Park was in 2018 when Sean Reid’s late goal wasn’t enough for Blyth to make a comeback as they lost 2-1.
Join Niall Bromley and Phil Castiaux on Blyth Live from 7:30pm.
Alternatively, you can follow the game via our social media platforms.