Blyth Spartans are pleased to announce an opportunity for a part time coach to assist in the coordination, coaching and development of the Blyth Spartans U19 Academy Football programme.
The successful applicant will actively recruit and grow the Academy, working closely with the curriculum teams of our education partner, Tyne Metropolitan College, to ensure all youngsters maximise their potential in all aspects of their experience on the programme.
The role is offered on a part time basis, with coaching sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Friday and matches in the National League U19 Alliance on Wednesdays. Candidates should have achieved or be working towards the UEFA B coaching qualification.
The role will commence on 1st August 2022 and involve 600 hours over a period of twelve months until 31st July 2023. Subject to the agreement of Blyth Spartans AFC and Tyne Metropolitan College, this term can be extended for a mutually agreed period. An annual salary of £12,000 is linked to this position.
Summary of Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions which develops and improves player/team performance but ensures enjoyment to secure player commitment.
- Liaise with Blyth Spartans AFC general manager to co-ordinate match days to ensure squad is available and selected, transport and kits are organised, and match time coaching is appropriately delivered.
- Review player progress, monitor and report at timely intervals throughout the season, including player match evaluations and half termly player progress reports including clear targets aimed at improvement.
- Liaise with the relevant college curriculum staff on the educational progress and performance of all Blyth Spartan U19 Academy participants.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and college staff using college systems with support from college head Football coach.
- Use local football knowledge to maximise recruitment opportunities for new students into the Blyth Spartans AFC pathway.
- Work in conjunction with the Blyth Spartans AFC media team to support year – long marketing and recruitment activities, trials, pre-season, open evenings and friendly games in the run-up to the National League Youth Alliance season.
- Support and input with yearly training plans and work in partnership with the strength and conditioning staff to include regular performance and fitness testing.
- Flexibility to travel to away fixture in the National League Youth Alliance during the week which may include visits to opposition such as Solihull Moors, Notts County, Chester City, Chesterfield and more.
- Ability to drive a Minibus with D license or MIDAS qualification or the commitment to CPD to obtain once appointed.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the position.
Interested persons should submit a CV to include the name and address of two referees by email to email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Friday 24th June at Croft Park, Plessey Road, Blyth, NE24 3JE and will include a practical coaching session.