Blyth Spartans Football Club could not operate without the many fantastic volunteers that operate behind the scenes. As always we are extremely grateful to those that already volunteer & we are always on the lookout for additional volunteers to enable the Club to move forward. We have added a link to the website, showing all of the volunteer roles within the Club and which roles have opportunities available. As well as specific roles, we are also looking to put together a database of volunteers, that can be called upon for specific tasks as they arise. For example, when this season has finished we will be looking for volunteers to assist with the dismantling of the pitch side perimeter fence, in preparation of a new one being erected. If you would like to volunteer for a specific available role or would like to be added to our volunteering database, please contact the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01670 352373.”
Stadium Manager – Position Filled
- Has overall responsibility for match day stadium operations & stadium standards in respect of health & safety & security.
- Organisation of stewarding & turnstile operations, including recruitment & training.
- Liaising with visiting clubs & Police in relation to crowd control & segregation when required.
- Working with General Manager in respect of ticketing operations for larger games when required.
- General crowd control responsibilities, including dealing appropriately with any incidents on match days.
- Assuring the safety & comfort of match officials, assisting with match timekeeping & the display of added time minutes board.
Match Day Stewards (Available) – Reporting to Stadium Manager
- To understand their general responsibilities towards the health and safety of all categories of spectators, (including those with disabilities and children), other stewards, ground staff and themselves.
- To carry out pre/post event checks.
- To control or direct spectators who are entering or leaving the ground, to help to achieve an even flow of people in, to and from viewing areas.
- To assist in the safe operation of the ground.
- To staff entrances, exits and other strategic points; for example, segregation, perimeter and exit doors or gates.
- To recognise crowd conditions so as to ensure the safe dispersal of spectators and the prevention of overcrowding, particularly on terraces.
- To assist the emergency services as required.
- To provide basic emergency first aid.
- To respond to emergencies, (such as the early stage of fire), to raise the alarm and take the necessary immediate action.
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency or as directed by the Stadium Manager or the appropriate emergency services officer.
Time: 1pm – 5pm Sat Matchdays, 6pm-9-45pm Midweek matches. Frequency: As little as 1 game per month, or every game.
Turnstile Operatives, Main Gate Supervisor & Main Stand Attendants (Available) – Reporting to the Stadium Manager
- You will be responsible for greeting home and away fans .
- Ensuring that the general public enter the ground/main stand with the correct tickets.
- Ensuring that the general public entering the ground/main stand pay the correct admission price.
Time: 12 – 4pm Saturdays & 6pm – 8-30pm midweek games. Frequency: As little as 1 per month or every game.
Half Time Draw Sellers (Available)
- To promote and sell the Half Time Draw tickets to Supporters
Time: 1.30pm – 3.45pm. Frequency: As little as 1 per month or every game.
Programme Sellers (Available)
- To promote and sell the Club Official Programmes to supporters in and around the stadium.
Time: 1.30pm – 3.45pm. Frequency: As little as 1 per month or every game
Retail Assistants (Available)
- To assist Blyth Spartans Official Supporters Club with day to day sales in the Club Store
- Fulfill online orders, package them and prepare them for postage
- Assist with stocktakes
Time: 1pm – 5pm Sat Matchdays, 6pm-9-45pm Midweek matches. Frequency: As little as 1 game per month, or every game
Commercial Manager – Position Filled
- To promote the Football Club commercially to local business & sponsors.
- Recruit sponsors for shirt, stands, ground boards & programme adverts.
- Identify new advertising markets, and propose products to serve them.
Pitch Assistants (Available)
- To assist the Groundsman with preparing the pitch
- To assist the Groundsman with putting the divots back in at half time and at the end of the game
- To be available if needed before a match, for any emergency work to the pitch
- Assisting the groundsman with snow/water clearance/pitch covers as required
Frequency: Home Matchdays as required
Media Manager – Position Filled
- To oversee the media operations of the club, including the club website, social media and relationships with local and national media outlets.
- To fill in when needed on matchday, on any given matchday you could be writing the match reports, interviewing, filming, commentating.
Time: All matchdays and some weekdays.
Programme Editor – Position filled
- To create and edit the clubs matchday programme for all home games.
- To work with column writers to include interesting content in the programme
- To work with the Commercial Manager to ensure all programme sponsorship is adhered to.
Time: No timeframe other than to make sure the product is sent to publishers at an acceptable time.
Senior Press Officer – Position Filled
- To produce written output for use in the match day programme, website, local newspapers and magazines.
- To write articles concerning the activities of Blyth Spartans AFC and its associated operations within the local community.
- To ghost write the manager’s and captain’s notes for the match day programme.
- To write match previews and reports, as well as the club’s press releases.
Time: All Matchdays
Junior Press Officer – Position Filled
- To assist with the written output for use in the match day programme, website, local newspapers and magazines.
- To assist writing articles concerning the activities of Blyth Spartans AFC and its associated operations within the local community.
- To assist with writing match previews and reports, as well as the club’s press releases.
Time: To fill in when Senior Press Officer is away
Video Journalist – Position available
- To provide on & off-field video of the club and its activities
- Production of matchday video highlights including relaying commentary
- Upload of matchday highlights to the National League & Club Website
- Conduct Post-Match Interviews with a player and manager after each game.
- To create engaging video content.
Time: All home games and ideally all away games.
Radio Commentator x 2 (Positions filled)
- To commentate on Blyth Spartans matches both home and away.
- To produce a podcast monthly during the season.
Time: Home Games and Occasional Away Games
Social Media Officer – Position Filled
- To primarily produce the match day content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels; including pre-match information, team line-ups and abridged commentary.
Time: Ideally both home and away games
PA Announcer – Position Filled
- Delivery of match day announcements, team line ups & other information via the public address system.
Time: 2pm -5pm. Frequency: All home matches
Website Content Manager (Position currently taken, but potential availability for a supporting role)
- To ensure the website remains up to date, including
– Player profiles
– Away travel details
Marketing Officer (This role does not currently exist, however if someone was interested & could demonstrate the necessary skill set, this is a role the Club would like to develop)
- To raise awareness of the club within the local community and national organisations.
- To actively promote matches and events.
- To plan and perform marketing campaigns promoting club events, activities and merchandise; and to identify requirements for supporting marketing material and to manage the production thereof.
- To actively market club events, activities and merchandise through social media and e-mail newsletters.
- To promote the club to the local community.
- To identify means for supporter and business partner engagement.
- To monitor other sporting organisations’ marketing activity and produce recommendations for similar activities.
Match/Fixture Secretary – Position Filled
- To produce and distribute official match day team sheets
- To record statistics during games and update news agencies
- To complete post-match paperwork
Frequency: Match Days
Supporter Engagement Officer (This role does not currently exist, however if someone was interested & could demonstrate the necessary skill set, this is a role the Club would like to develop)
- To run fan engagement initiatives
- To assist the Club to focus in on the “match day experience” for supporters
Match day Support Team (Position currently taken, but potential availability for a supporting role)
- Responsibility for attending to visiting officials, sponsors & guests either in the Northumberland Suite or Sponsors Lounge.
Time: 1.00 – 5.00 Match Days
Official Supporters Club Committee (Available)
- Be part of a team assisting in fundraising activities in support of the Football Club.
- Responsible for design & provision of team & replica kit & other merchandise.
- Day to day organisation & operation of Official Club Store.
Time: Home matches & other times as required
Post-Match Clearance Team Members (Available)
- This role is simply to clear any rubbish left behind at the end of every game.
- Team members will be provided with gloves, bin bags and litter pickers to collect any rubbish from the stands and pitch-side and then place it in the designated bins
Time: 5.00 – 5.30 Home Match Days
Kit Manager – Position Filled
- Responsibility for ensuring that the team kit is laundered & prepared for match days
- Preperation & packing of kit for away matches
- Laundering of training kit
- Responsibility for cleaning & care of dressing room areas
Community Manager (This role does not currently exist, however if someone was interested & could demonstrate the necessary skill set, this is a role the Club would like to develop)
- Identify potential suitable Community Programmes within Blyth for the Football Club to establish or become involved with.
- Put together a Project & Financial plan for the identified programme
- Investigate & apply for funding for the programme via the National League Trust & other sources
- Implement & oversee the programme, recruiting additional volunteers as required
N.B. remuneration for this role maybe available under certain circumstances by way of the funding received.
Poster Distribution (Available)
- Put up latest fixture posters in prominent places in your area – pubs, shops and public places etc…approximately 10 times per season, pick up the posters from the General Manager.
General Volunteering (Available)
If you would like to be added to a group contact list for adhoc volunteering for things such as snow clearance, close season maintenance or other activities as they arise, please provide your name & contact number to General Manager on 01670 352373 or email@example.com.
For media related roles also contact our media manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe you have any specific skills that are not covered in the above roles, but you feel that could benefit the Football Club, please let us know through the same channels.