Blyth Spartans media team are on the lookout for a new Programme Editor for next season, with our current editor Joe Buck stepping down a next month.
The position is ideal for anyone with a strong passion for football and who has aspirations of working within the sports media industry.
A number of our previous media volunteers have gone on to have successful careers with the likes of West Ham United, Liverpool, Durham Cricket, JPI Media and more.
- Design the matchday programme template – whether that be on Adobe, Word Publisher or any other software
- Have free rein over what content you produce. Content will also be provided by the club’s media team
- Liaise with the club’s media manager and general manager
- Strong design, writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to hit programme deadline (usually Thursday evenings for Saturday games)
- Passion for football and a determination to promote Blyth Spartans AFC
This is a voluntary position but the club will cover expenses. You will also enjoy free entry to both our home and away games, as well as free travel to away matches.
Spartans’ Media Manager, Stephen Burton said, “On behalf of everyone at the club I’d like to thank Joe for the brilliant work he has done this season.
He’s been a vital part of the media team since joining the club last year, and he has consistently produced high quality work. We’ll be sad to see him go, and we wish him the best of luck for the future.”
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to build their CV and who wants to play a vital role in the club’s media content next season.
If you’re interested in the role, or just have any questions, please email in to firstname.lastname@example.org with any examples of work that you have.