By Ben Lightfoot
Blyth Spartans host Kidderminster Harriers at Croft Park in the National League North on Saturday.
The Spartans faced defeat last time out losing 3-0 away at The Brewery Field against Spennymoor Town.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance via our online system.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office on 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- We will operate a cash turnstile. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase your ticket in advance.
- Tickets purchased in advance must be printed or stored on your phone. Without proof of ticket, you will not be permitted into Croft Park.
- Advanced tickets can be bought up until 2pm on a matchday.
- Should you wish to sit in the Port of Blyth Stand, you should purchase in advance.
There are fresh injury concerns over Connor Thomson who was forced off against Spennymoor on Monday. In something of an injury crisis for Spartans, Rhys Evans, Karl Byrne, Jordan Hickey, Dan Maguire and Robbie Dale will all need to be assessed ahead of the Kidderminster clash.
The Harriers currently place fourth in the National League North and are preparing for the playoffs at the end of the season, with just four games left they need one point to secure their spot in the playoffs.
Kidderminster were held to a goalless draw on Easter Monday at home to Kettering Town.
WHAT WE’RE SAYING
Speaking after the 3-0 defeat, manager Terry Mitchell said: “We’re always confident, we’ll go into the game, Kidderminster, a full-time side have had a great run, they’re right up there, but we’ll try and get some more points.
“We’ll prepare well as always and the fans have been outstanding, with a massive away following again, it’s excellent stuff by the lads and last week at Croft Park on Friday they were outstanding there and all season.
“So the fans will get behind it and we have to make sure that we improve on today’s performance.”
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
After their 0-0 draw, manager Russell Penn said: “Everything to play for with all the games really, whether we’re trying to fight for third or whether we keep fourth.
“We want to finish as high as we possibly can, keep everyone fit and fresh and use the squad like we have done in the last two games and what will be, will be.”
LAST TIME WE MET
The sides last faced off against each other in August as Kiddy put three past Blyth in a 3-0 win at Aggborough Stadium.
The last time the sides battled at Croft Park was in September 2019 as the game finished 1-1. Robbie Dale scored the only goal for the Spartans that day.
Blyth’s last victory against Kidderminster came in January 2020, when then Spartan, Lewis Hawkins, scored the only goal in a 1-0 win for Blyth.
Join on Niall Bromley and Phil Castiaux on Blyth Live from 2:45.
Alternatively, you can follow the game via our social media platforms.