1. The competition shall be called the Challenge Cup and will be organised by the host club The Spartans Football Club. The Competition shall be organised in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Scottish Football Association and will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game as laid down by the International Football Association Board.
2. The cup will be competed between Raith Rovers FC, Hamilton Accies FC, Blyth Spartans FC and host club The Spartans FC.
3. The 4 competing clubs shall be drawn by ballot and the winners of the two matches will progress to the final with the runners up competing for the 3rd and 4th places.
4. The four matches will be played at The Spartans Community Football Academy on the grass stadium pitch. The matches will be played over 90 minutes. Should the teams be level at the end of 90 minutes the winner will be decided by kicks from the penalty spot as decided by the referee.
5. The first round matches will kick off at 12-15pm and 3-30pm respectively on Saturday 18th July with the play off for 3rd and 4th places kicking off at 12-00pm on Sunday 19th July and the final kicking off at 3-15 pm on Sunday 19th July.
6. Competing teams shall consist of eleven players and a maximum of seven substitutes. Players do not necessarily need to be registered with the SFA or FA but they must be eligible to play for that club. Clubs will be able to use all seven substitutes if they so desire. Players removed from the field of play cannot be reintroduced.
7. Clubs must play in their registered colours and if there is a colour clash the host club secretary will decide on which club will change to ensure there is not a colour clash.
8. Duplicate copies of team lines listing all players shall be handed to the referee at least 15 minutes prior to the kick off. The referee shall give a copy of the team lines to the opposing team officials and a copy to the host club secretary.
9. A player who is sent off the field for misconduct or a player or official, who is reported by the Referee for misconduct, before, during or after a match, shall be excluded from further participation in the Competition. All cases of misconduct, cautions, orderings off or other reports will be forwarded to the Scottish Football Association by the match referee.
10. The host club shall fix the admission charge for the matches.