ALAN McLEAN FCMA CGMA
Chartered Management Accountant
DOODSON SPORTS CUP
Venue: Heritage Park, Bishop Auckland (DL14 9AE)
Date: Wednesday 13th November 2013
Kick Off: 19:45
SCORE UPDATES / MATCH COMMENTARY
£6 – Adults
£4 – Concessions
FREE – Under 5’s
It’s the first game of the Doodson Sports Cup for Blyth and we are travelling down to Bishop Auckland to face the recently reformed Darlington 1883. The Wednesday night fixture sees both sides attempt to return to winning ways, with both clubs losing their fixtures they were involved in at the weekend and most importantly progression into the next round.
This is the first meeting between the two clubs and to celebrate the clubs’ community work, cash collections are going to be promoted at Heritage Park for two charities close to the clubs’ hearts; St Teresa Hospice and our own Scott Bell Fund. Tom Wade reported that Ash Davis and a new addition should be ready for this fixture so players may be getting rested. Tom also stated that the cup competition won’t be taken lightly as it is another opportunity to continue Spartans’ great start to the season.
– Head south on the A1 until you reach the Spennymoor/Bishop Auckland/Peterlee turn off (A177/A688)
– At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit up the A688
– Drive 1.6 miles, approach the roundabout and take the 2nd exit, continuing the A688
– Drive 8.3 miles through Spennymoor and into the centre of Bishop Auckland
– At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Fylands Drive
– Drive straight over one roundabout, at the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit and the ground should be ahead.
IN THE AWAY DUG OUT
Martin Grey – Has been in charge of the club since last summer. He is an ex-Sunderland and Oxford United player.
Amar Purewal – Darlo’s top goalscorer with 7 league goals and brother of Spartans defender Arjun.
LAST TIME WE MET
RECORD AGAINST OPPOSITION
Played – 0
Won – 0
Lost – 0
Drew – 0
Scored – 0
Conceded – 0
Referee: Michael McDonough
Assistants: Terry Fletcher and Will Finnie