Solihull Moors 1 Blyth Spartans 1 (Match Report)

Saturday 7th November
Blue Square North
Attendance – 212

Solihull Moors
Danny Crane, Indy Khela, Darren Stapleton, Liam Daly, Theo Streete, Peter Faulds (sub Ryan Beswick 83 mins), Junior English, Lee Downes, Jon Douglas (sub Jake Edwards 64 mins), Dean Lea (sub Mark Gardner 64 mins), Darren Campion.
Subs Not Used – James Pugh, Ross Dempster

Blyth Spartans
Mark Bell, Stephen Harrison, Kenny Boyle, Michael Tait, Gareth Williams, Rikki Bains, Chris McCabe, Stephen Turnbull, Paul Brayson, Ian Graham, Adrian Webster (sub Josh Gillies 64 mins).
Subs not used – Simon Todd, John Alexander, John Brackstone & Jack Norton

Spartans grabbed a point on their travels to Solihull on Saturday. But on their second half display and some refereeing decisions they should have come home with all 3 points.

After 10 minutes Paul Brayson drove his effort narrowly wide after Ian Graham had released the striker just inside the penalty area.

For the home side Jon Douglas shot wide before at the other end after good play between Michael Tait and Graham found them play Brayson in again only for him to shoot into the side netting.

The home broke the deadlock on the half hour. Theo Streete finding Indy Khela wide on the right he beat Kenny Boyle down the line before picking out Dean Lea on the edge of the box, his low drive beat Mark Bell.

Spartans thought they had equalised 2 minutes into the second half. Michael Tait’s shot only being parried by Danny Crane in the home goal, with Brayson turning the loose ball home. But referee Dexter disallowed the goal for offside against Brayson.

Spartans pressed for the equaliser with Steve Harrison going close before on 67 minutes, Brayson latched onto a through ball from Graham to calmly chip the advancing keeper.

Only 3 minutes referee Dexter was at the centre of a contentious decision. Graham cutting in from the left to shoot home from the edge of the penalty area, but the ref blew up for a foul on Graham!!

Spartans should have grabbed all the points with 5 minutes left. Tait finding Brayson centre field, he released Graham down the left wing, Tait followed up with a run into the area and keeper Crane only got down to the feet of Tait to save.

Posted by BSAFC Media Team