Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – 30th Sept 2013
Attendees: A Platten, K Scott, I Evans, A Bowron, J Freeman, S Frake, T Wade
Apologies: S Ord, C Baxter J Young
1. Minutes of previous meeting accepted
2. Matters Arising
– The kit room roof has been repaired by NCC.
– The AGM took place and there were no issues raised.
– SP Sports have been told that the Club is happy to commence the education scheme in September 2014 and asked to provide a time table of activities leading up to the start.
– Football CV.com are organising 4 trials matches at Croft Park in March 2014
– A series of First Aid courses is being orgainsed under the FA Charter scheme and we must send a representative.
– Banking issues relating to the Lloyds TSB split have been temporarily resolved. Our account has still not been formally restored to Lloyds.
– Disabled lift fault has still not been resolved by NCC.
– Nantwich have been contacted regarding us of the Social Club. A supporter has volunteered to meet the supporter’s bus and direct fans to the Club.
– The team has made an excellent start to the season with young recruits playing particularly well.
– A letter has been received from a long term supporter complimenting the Manager on the team’s performance
– International clearance for the new keeper was received after 8 weeks and a payment to the Polish FA.
– Shaun Utterson cannot sign for the Club until the January transfer window because of contractual issues from USA.
– Various pieces of treatment kit required to complete the physio’s equipment.
– 20 new numbered tracksuits to be purchased for the players.
5. Social Club
– New pictures have been hung in the Club – Thanks to Shaun for painting them.
– Machine cabinet has been removed from Club,
– Significant progress made on upgrade to ladies toilets, many thanks to Peter Evans
– New stage surround constructed, awaiting decoration
– Old ticket machine has been removed.
– The foyer is to be re-carpeted this week.
– Final pictures for the 2014 calendar have been selected.
– New manager is already having an impact on turnover with bookings up.
– Supporter’s club roof and electrical repairs required.
– Various tidy up jobs around the ground required.
– Man of the Match presentations to be restarted in the Club.
– Film “The Kit Man” featuring Tony Kennedy won the Berwick Festival “short film of the year” award. (Should SpartansFans wish to watch this video, it is available on YouTube)
Date of next meeting:
– 14th October 2013