Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – 21st May 2012
Present: A Platten, J Young, I Evans, K Scott, S Frake, J Freeman, C Baxter and S Ord
Apologies: A Bowron
Chairman thanked all members for their hard work throughout the last season.
1. Minutes of previous meeting
2. Matters Arising
– Eon electricity account has been resolved with reduced monthly payment being the achieved as a result of various adjustments to cellar coolers at the Social Club.
– A telephone call from the Captain of HMS Blyth confirmed that the function at Faslane has been cancelled
– Application to enter a BSAFC Youth team (Monkseaton Academy) in the Youth Cup was rejected.
– Sportsman’s Dinner was a great success thanks to Tommy Cassidy offering his services for free. Thanks to Ian Evans and helpers for their hard work.
– Email was sent to Dunston UTS congratulating them for their success in the FA Vase.
– Application to join the Evostick League has been completed.
– Premier Waste collection schedule being reduced through close season to save on costs.
– Complaint received from Patterson house regarding parking in their car park and using foul language when asked to move. This was, however, a charity match organised by NCC and details have been passed to the Council. Ian Evans has been to see the new manageress to placate the matter.
– Council has been advised that the PFS is available for polling day use.
– Correspondence with Council who had advised that pitch maintenance, which was to have started last week, has still not begun.
– A meeting has taken place with the Manager at which various matters were discussed and an initial playing budget set.
– The Manager has arranged a series of meeting with all last season’s players over the coming weeks.
– Friendlies arranged so far 21st July home to Gateshead, 28th July home to Tunbridge Angels 31st July home to Dunston UTS who will bring FA Vase.
– Pre-season training will be at Monkseaton Academy thanks to Lee Picton.
5. Social Club
– Latest booking sheet required.
– Certain areas of the club require some re-decoration and this will be done over the coming weeks.
– Work on the Stadium “To-Do” list has started and volunteers will be requested via the web site for further work over the coming weeks. The pitch fence painting is the biggest job.
– Alternative arrangements have been made for catering on match days.
– Sponsors Evening date will be confirmed when fixtures have been released.
Monday 11th June 2012 (after Conference AGM)