Exec Committee Minutes (25 Aug 2009)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 24th AUGUST.

Present ; A. Platten, K. Scott, I. Evans, G. Young & S. Ord (part)
Apologies ; C. Baxter & R. Harding.

1. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.

a) The minutes of the last meeting (10.08.09) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.

a) IKE reported that current season ticket sales had risen to 93.
b) CB will report at the next meeting with regards to the compensation due from Lees Travel.
c) KS reported on his meeting with Trevor Violet of NCC. Our point regarding the upkeep of Croft Park was presented with NCC pointing out “issues” with the lease. It was agreed to arrange for the Blyth Spartans steering committee to be recommence. A further meeting will be arranged in two months time.
d) ARP has installed the first of the additional speakers in the Croftway stand. The other has been purchased and will be installed shortly.
e) IKE will now attempt to recruit more poster distributors predominately outside of Blyth where we have now established 58 sites.
f) IKE reported that we were still awaiting delivery of VIZ tracksuits, and additional kit items (shorts/socks) and a second keeper’s top. The new short-sleeved kit will require the Tynetec logo on the reverse. IKE will arrange.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.

a) An e-mail had been received from a supporter enquiring about concessionary prices for students. IKE had previously circulated a comparison list of admission prices for the Conference North. It seems that only Telford and Farsley offer student discounts. However it should be pointed out that admission prices to Telford were £11 & £8. and if we charged those prices we to would consider other concessionary prices. Farsley have a student special because they are in an area that has a high number of students living there. After discussion it was agreed to retain the current price structure for this season but keep under review for next season.
b) The rules on pay and a reminder regarding players betting were distributed with each of this last weeks pay packets.
c) IKE confirmed that the season’s first financial report has been sent to the Conference.
d) Minutes received from the Conference July meeting received and will be kept on file.
e) Reminder from Conference received regarding a number of issues. IKE confirmed that where necessary staff has been made aware of certain changes.
f) Thank you letter received from Ashington regarding pre0-season fixture.
g) IKE confirmed that a letter of appeal on behalf of Chris McCabe has been sent to the NFA and the receipt of the letter had been acknowledged by the NFA.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

a) KS will arrange for a light to be installed outside the kit room for our late night return to base.
b) IKE will ascertain from M Lillico when the kitchen refurb will be undertaken.
c) KS will provide a small number of waste bins to be hooked over the fence for use on match days.
d) KS will e-mail IKE with the suggested hotel for our Gloucester trip so that accommodation can be booked.

5. NEXT MEETING.

The next meeting will be held on Monday 7th of September at 6 PM.

Posted by Spartan