Executive Committee Meeting Minutes – 19th March 2012
Attendees: A Platten, J Young, A Bowron, I Evans, K Scott, S Frake J Freeman C Baxter
Apologies: S Ord
1. Minutes of previous meeting
2. Matters Arising
– Notification received from the FA that all committee members have passed the fitness for office scrutiny
– The gas bill from Eon showing a “credit” is being investigated.
– Notice from Northumberland Fire and Rescue that it will not respond to automatic fire alarms from burglar alarm systems.
– Notice from Conference confirming that enhanced entry price for visiting spectators is not allowed.
– Clarification from the Conference regarding “sending off” of management staff.
– Notification that we have dropped to fourth place in the Fair Play league.
– After consultation with Quantum Elite it is confirmed that we will not be buying new away strips for next season. The current ones have only been used in two league matches.
– A banned spectator was ejected from a recent home game by observant marshalls. The individual has been advised that in future entry money will not be refunded.
– Because Blyth Spartans juniors do not have an U18 team it was agreed that Monkseaton academy U18 team will be entered in the FA youth Cup as Blyth Spartans next season
– Wayne Buchanan has accumulated 10 yellow cars and will miss two games.
– The performance of the team over the last 5 games has been excellent, unfortunately other results have not gone our way.
5. Social Club
– Tickets for the Sportsman Dinner are going well with only 1 table still available. Tickets are £30 per head.
– Consideration will be given as the weather it is viable to open the Social Club for Sunday League finals. Takings were on £100 for the last game.
– A letter has been received from the captain of HMS Blyth, which is currently in the Gulf, inviting a representative of the club to attend the Faslane Flotilla dinner as an “Affiliate” of the ship. The event is in May and a positive reply has been sent.
– Some supporters on the team bus to Solihull displayed an obvious inability to control their alcohol intake and will be banned from travelling on the team bus again.
– Invitations to play pre-season friendlies have been sent to Scottish League Clubs.
– A home friendly against Tonbridge Angels on 8th July has been confirmed.
– Transport quotations for next seasons coach travel are being sort.
– The PFS/Sponsors lounge is available for any business to hire for training/presentation functions. HiQ motor repairs and service are the first company to hire the room.
7. Date of Next Meeting
– Next meeting Monday 2nd April 2012