Exec Committee Minutes (2 Mar 2009)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OF BLYTH SPARTANS AFC HELD ON MONDAY 2nd MARCH 2009

Present : A Platten, K Scott, IK Evans, C Baxter, S Ord & G Young.

Prior to the start of the meeting the Chairman confirmed that he had received a letter of resignation from B Davison. Thanks to Brian for his assistance over the past season were noted.

1 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.

a) The minutes of the last meeting (09.02.09) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.

a) The kit for HMS Blyth has now been delivered. IKE will discuss with B Bell the remaining requirement of shirts for the players.
b) IKE reported that there has been no response from either NUFC or Celtic regarding correspondence sent. After discussion it was agreed for IKE to once again commence arranging pre-season by contacting the Scottish FA and all Northern based League and Premier clubs. In addition to which ARP will contact both Blackburn and Partick.
c) A meeting with the NFA with regards to grants has been arranged for this Friday at Croft Park. (IKE/KS/SO to attend)
d) CB reviewed the latest price increases supplied by Carlsberg. After discussion it was agreed for IKE to arrange a meeting with Carlsberg in order to discuss the situation further.
e) IKE to ensure price reductions for next Tuesday night’s fixture are advertised on the website.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.

a) A late request from Newcastle Blue Star to re-arranged Wednesday’s fixture has been rejected.
b) Thank you letter from Patterson House, for the donation, has been received.
c) Correspondence from/to the FA regarding racist comments made at the Blackburn game can now be filed as the FA have confirmed the issue to be closed.
d) IKE will confirm a “minimum requirement” for the Conference Congress.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

a) CB confirmed that the POB awards for both January and February would be made prior to Saturday’s game with Stalybridge.
b) IKE confirmed that this seasons players presentation will be on Friday the 8th of May.
c) After discussion it was agreed that there would not be an overnight stay for the Tamworth game.
d) IKE updated the meeting with regards to the Sportsman’s Dinner.

5 NEXT MEETING.

The next meeting will be held on Monday the 16th of March at 6 PM.

Posted by Spartan