Report | Super-sub Amantchi secures Blyth’s first away win.

In association with: ALAN McLEAN FCMA CGMA Chartered Management Accountant Vanarama National League North Saturday, October 12th, 2019

Curzon Ashton 0-1 Blyth Spartans

Levi Amantchi’s tap in late in the second-half was enough to earn Blyth Spartans all three points against Curzon Ashton.

Lee Clark’s side battled hard for 90 minutes and got the three points they deserved to secure their first away win of the season.

Amantchi tapped home at the back post after 75 minutes.

The first chance of the game fell to Callum Roberts as he got in the penalty box before cutting in past two players and firing at goal but saw his shot blocked by a sliding Curzon defender.

Michael Sweet was played through by Roberts after 40 minutes and looked to be through but Matthew Regan got back to block the shot.

The home side almost took the lead three minutes into the second half as Daniel Trickett-Smith tested Mark Foden from a free-kick but he could only parry to Callum Saunders who saw his rebounded effort flash wide of the goal.

Olly Scott should have opened the scoring after 53 minutes as Roberts pulled the ball back but Scott could not find a way past Harry Allen 10-yards.

Isaac Sinclair managed to get past Rhys Evans before hooking a cross to the back post for Trickett-Smith but his acrobatic effort went aimlessly over from close range.

After a quick free-kick, Roberts beat his man and crossed into the box but was cleared out to Adam Wrightson but his left-footed effort zipped past the far post with 20 minutes left to play.

A fantastically worked goal as Roberts broke from midfield and fed Wrightson into the box who then gave it to Anthony Callaghan on the overlap before the full-back picked out Amantchi at the back-post for his first goal in a Spartans shirt.

Sinclair got fortunate out wide as Evans slipped allowing him to break into the box but his cross flashed across Spartans’ goal with no Curzon player in the six-yard box with just 12 minutes left.

Amantchi almost sealed the three points after 80 minutes as Wrightson picked up the ball and ran from his own half and played through the striker who was twisting in and out before firing a left-footed shot agonisingly wide with Allen rooted to the spot.

Posted by BSAFC Admin