Everyone at Blyth Spartans AFC can’t wait for Saturday when we can finally open the gates at Croft Park and welcome supporters back our friendly against Middlesbrough U23s. It seems like an eternity since February 15th, 2020 when we last admitted supporters to our matches and so much has changed since then.
We mentioned last year that we had invested in an online ticketing system, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been unable to use it – until now!
Supporters coming to Saturday’s game have, for the first time, been able to buy their match tickets in advance. This will improve the match day experience in a number of ways:
- We will know in advance how many supporters are coming to a match, and we will therefore be able to manage entry and exit more effectively.
- Queueing will be greatly reduced as we can ensure the number of entry points into the ground is sufficient to allow supporters access without long delays.
- We are greatly reducing cash handling on match days which will help prevent the spread of Covid infections.
- We will use the information provided by the online system to ensure catering outlets have enough staff to serve the number of expected spectators which will ease congestion.
- If we need to segregate fans the information provided by the online system will enable us to ensure an appropriate number of stewards are on duty.
Most clubs at our level already have some kind of online presence for selling tickets. We not only have to compete with our rivals on the field, but we want to make sure that we aren’t left behind with our systems and procedures off the field either.
Because Saturday’s match is being played before the easing of Covid restrictions, arrangements will be slightly different from how we anticipate operating for the rest of the season.
- We ask all supporters to buy tickets in advance via our online system if at all possible.
- If you do not have online access, you can purchase your ticket by ringing the club office 01670 352373 and paying with a debit or credit card. Your ticket can then be collected from the social club on match day.
- Season ticket holders receive free admission to all pre-season matches. If you have not collected your season ticket yet this can be done at the club office between 9am and 12pm on Thursday or Friday. If this is not possible, they will be available for collection from the clubhouse on Saturday before the game.
- We will operate a cash turnstile for this match at the Kingsway end of the ground. However, if at all possible, please purchase your ticket in advance.
General Manager at Blyth Spartans AFC.