Exec Committee Minutes (5 Oct 2009)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 5th of OCTOBER 2009.

Present ; K. Scott, I. Evans, G. Young, R. Harding, S. Ord (part), A. Bowron, J. Wilkinson, I. Hertwick, M. Hunter & A. Seghini.
Apologies ; A. Platten & C. Baxter.

Prior to the start of the meeting, and in the Chairman’s absence I. Evans welcomed each of the new potential executive team members to the meeting and, subject to their acceptance, said that he hoped each and everyone would enjoy their involvement in assisting with the running of Blyth Spartans Football Club.

1. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.
a) The minutes of the last meeting (21.09.09) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.
a) IKE reported that the players now had the travel shirts. We were still awaiting delivery of playing kit namely green and red socks, red shorts.
b) KS was to install the waste bins at the weekend but he and Tony had to spend the time repairing the wind damaged areas of the ground. Waste bins (KS) and light at kit room (ARP) will be installed soon.
c) A letter has now been sent to the FA on behalf of P. Brayson.
d) IKE reported that there was no further news on our late kick off fine (Vauxhall Motors)
e) The Carlsberg contract is to be reviewed in November.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.
a) A further request from a supporter to join the executive committee has been received. After discussion it was agreed for IKE to reply.
b) IKE confirmed the details contained in a letter received on Friday from the FA relating to the next round of the FA Cup. He also gave details of our reply, which questioned as to why the Hyde/Salford fixture could not be played out “within the week” and failing that requested permission to play our tie against the winners on Saturday the 17th. We had also made mention of our supporters dissatisfaction and possible player unavailability due to the “late” switch. He went on to report that late this afternoon a reply from the FA had been received confirming that in the event of a replay our game would go ahead against the winners on Tuesday the 13th of October. We will now await Tuesday night’s result before any further correspondence.
c) A thank you letter received from Alan Mclean regarding his sponsored visit to the Alfreton match.
d) IKE read out a summary of changes to the rules relating to dual representation of agents, which have recently been circulated from Conference.
e) IKE has received a query from the Conference in relation to our floodlight certificate, which he will pass to ARP for action.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
a) GY confirmed that the game here against Hinckley on the 17th will be used to promote the kick racism out of football campaign.
b) IKE ran through the events on Saturday, and this morning regarding a complaint from a local resident and a damaged satellite dish and garden gates. An investigation has taken place and IKE will write to the resident with our findings.
c) IKE reviewed an updated those present with the current disciplinary details.

5. NEXT MEETING.
The next meeting will be held on Monday19th of October at 6 PM.

Posted by siteadmin