Exec Committee Minutes (30 Mar 2009)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OF BLYTH SPARTANS AFC HELD ON MONDAY 30th MARCH 2009

Present ; A Platten, K Scott, I Evans, C Baxter, G Young & S Ord.

1 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

a) The minutes of the last meeting (16.03.09) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.

a) There were still no positive results from clubs who have been invited to Croft Park for pre-season games. The clubs contacted November last year have acknowledged the latest correspondence but it seems no club has begun to organise their pre-season. Blackburn Rovers the latest to confirm that they are leaving pre-season plans to “as late as possible” In the meantime IKE has been in discussion with Edinburgh Spartans regarding a possible four team tournament at the new Spartans academy and stadium in Edinburgh between the two Spartans, Annan Athletic and Falkirk. We have also been requested to organise a possible two-match competition (home & away) between Berwick Rangers in recognition of the new unified council.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.

a) Offer from the FA for match tickets for the England Vs Andorra world cup qualifier. Request to be with the FA by 2nd of April. IKE had been in touch with the FA regarding tickets for the FA Cup semi-finals. It was confirmed that unlike the final there were no tickets from the semis to be allocated to member clubs.
b) The dates of the Conference play offs have been announced and circulated.
c) Meeting minutes from Conference board meetings and the eom meeting at Burton have been received and will be kept on file.
d) Admin instructions received regarding completion of team sheets and substitute boards received and passed to JY and TK accordingly.
e) KS reported that he would be putting in the planning permission for the Croftway End stand. In addition to which this will quickly be followed by the request for planning permission for our phase 2 ground improvements. (all weather training area at Croftway)
f) IKE confirmed receipt of the rates charge for 2009/10, which was showing a 5% increase.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

a) After discussion it was agreed for ARP to produce an “open letter” for club members, which will explain the current trading position within the social club.
b) In relation to the above and other issues within the football club it was agreed to look for the appointment of a part time Commercial Manager to the board. This position will carry with it both a bonus and commission structure. IKE will compile both a job specification and reward structure and circulate for further discussion.
c) CB mentioned that Lees travel have offered their services again for next season. A review of our travel requirements for next season will be undertaken in the summer.
d) IKE will discuss with K Latimer/M Lillico the need for film equipment in readiness for next season.
e) IKE mentioned an e-mail received from P.Castiaux. All present were to be reminded that any or all news announcements must be channelled through or copied in to PC.
f) IKE has received a request to fund the BS website. He has arranged a presentation for the juniors committee next month. Maybe a similar presentation to be arranged for the executive.

5. NEXT MEETING.

The next meeting will take place on Monday 20th of April @ 6PM.

Posted by Spartan