Exec Committee Minutes (20 Apr 2009)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING OF BLYTH SPARTANS AFC HELD ON MONDAY 20th of APRIL 2009

Present: A Platten, K Scott, I Evans, G Young & S Ord.

1. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.

The minutes of the last meeting (30.03.09) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.

a). IKE confirmed that our 4-match tournament in Edinburgh in July would be between Blyth & Edinburgh Spartans, Dundee and Annan. He was also awaiting confirmation of our two-match competition with Berwick rangers. From the letters sent last June, the follow up e-mails in December and a further e-mail sent this month the following clubs have responded with a “thanks but no thanks”. Bolton, Liverpool, Preston, Sheff Utd., & Aston Villa. The following clubs have stated that decisions will be made within the next two weeks, Middlesborough, Blackburn, Stockport, Stoke & Chester. We have not had any notification from the specific invite letters sent to NUFC or Celtic. A further 28 teams have not responded to any of the correspondence sent.
b). KS reported that planning permission for the new stand should be presented to NCC this week. The delay has been due to the council changeover.
c). KS reported on the details regarding the termination/final payments of the lease for the social clubs TV/screening equipment. MT has sent off the required payments.
d). IKE has a meeting arranged for this Friday with the new manager of Streetscene (Streetcare as was) in order to discuss a number of issues. After discussion an agenda was drawn up witch IKE will send on to the attendees of the meeting. The items to discuss were,
– The repair and preparation to the playing surface.
– The repair and decoration of the changing rooms.
– Replacement goal posts.
– Repairs needed to Cramlington Caravan stand.
– Facilities for watering the pitch.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.

a). Letter received from HM Revenue and Customs confirming our expulsion from the “Flat Rate Scheme”.
Confirmation from the FA that we are to receive to complementary tickets for the Trophy Final on the 9th of May.
b). Details received from FA regarding AGM, which is to be held on the 19th of May in London.
c). Booking form for Conference AGM and presentation evening has been received. IKE will complete and forward on to Conference.
d). A voting form for the Conference Annual awards will be passed on to HD for completion.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

a). GY reported that a fire prevention course would be held this week here at Croft Park.
b). Congratulations were passed on to S Ord to the ladies team for reaching two cup finals. IKE has also passed on the clubs congratulations to the three junior teams who have also reached their respective finals.
c). IKE outlined the details of the presentation night, the awards and the players who were to receive them. CB will confirm the POB player of the month for April and the season. IKE will organise the trophies.
d). After discussion it was agreed to arrange a further meeting next Monday* in order to review the contracted players for next season and to interview the candidates for the Commercial Managers position.

5. NEXT MEETING.

*Monday the 27th of April 6 PM (as above)
MONDAY 11th of MAY 6 PM. (full)

Posted by Spartan