Exec Committee Meeting (17 May 2010)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING ON MONDAY 17th OF May.

Present: K Scott, , C Baxter, A Bowron, J Freeman & S Frake, A Platten, S Ord
Apologies; G Young
Guest: J Young

1. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.
a) The minutes of the last meeting (19.04.10) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.
a) Thanks were expressed to Ian Evans who has stepped down from the Committee to concentrate on additional Club administration
b) A further meeting with Carlsberg was due to take on Tuesday18th May (As these minutes are typed the meeting has been cancelled by Carlsberg and a new date is being arranged)
c) Further friendly matches have been arranged and publicised on the Club’s website
d) Club sponsor Drager did receive their tickets for FA Trophy match.
e) The spectator incident at Gainsborough has been resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.
f) No volunteers have stepped forward to sell Golden Goals, further efforts will be made.
g) The Summer TO DO maintenance list is growing, assistance from supporters will be requested as required
h) Any addition raffle prize donations for the Sportsman’s Dinner would be welcome.
i) ARP will attend the Conference AGM in Southport.

3. CORRESPONDENCE.
a) Letter received from David Robinson asking for our support in his nomination for the FA Regional representative. Agreed to support him.
b) Letter from the NFA advising of their AGM, two representatives can attend.
c) Letter from the Blyth Valley Disabled forum football team thanking us for the donation of £2,000 from the Charity Shield pool fund.
d) Letter from the Telephone mast company advising that they wish to re-negotiate the rental fee as a result of the mast rationalisation program brought about by the amalgamation of T Mobile and Orange.
e) A discussion on the matter of admission price was postponed until any new VAT increases are announced. It was agreed that a Students Union ID card would be accepted for reduced admission fee.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
a) J Young to check match officials for friendly games.
b) Delivery of the new home shirts are expected 1st July
c) The Council are to be contacted with a view to cleaning the Social Club car park which is a public right of way.
d) CB to obtain coach company quotes for away match transport. A significant increase is expected with the anticipated new clubs joining the league and the increase in fuel/VAT prices.
f) A request for a friendly against Ryton to celebrate their 40th Anniversary has been received.
g) A date will be fixed for AGM after consultation with the auditors

5. NEXT MEETING.
Monday 7th June @ 6 PM.

Posted by Spartan