Exec Committee Meeting (15 March 2010)

MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 15th of MARCH 2010.

Present: A Platten, K Scott, I Evans, C Baxter, G Young, A Bowron & S Ord.
Apologies: R Harding, J Wilkinson, I Hertwick & A Seghini
Guests: S Frake, J Freeman, J Young & M Hunter.

1. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING.
a) The minutes of the last meeting (01.03.10) were approved.

2. MATTERS ARISING.
a) There was still no reply from Carlsberg. A separate meeting will be held in order to discuss the situation.
b) Since the last meeting IKE had discussed and circulated the contract in relation to The World Cup training camp with various members and departments of NCC and we have been given permission to proceed. The two contracts (WC 2018 and WC 2022) each 43 pages long and the required 5 copies of each will be sent off to the FA’s solicitors this week.
c) IKE has completed the request for donations from the FA Charity Shield funding. We have nominated The ‘Blyth Valley Disabled Forum’ to receive our allotted donation of £2,000.00.
d) IKE updated those present regarding the intended programme of scholarships. After speaking to the Football Conference, members of Southport FC, who have a very good scholarship process, it became clear that funding could be available but for 15-20 players. Whilst this may be a long tem aim of the club it was felt that a smaller operation was how we should begin .He had a meeting later in the week with CSV in Blyth to look at potential link up with educational support for the programme.
e) KS confirmed that most of the jobs in the kitchen and kit room had been completed.
f) IKE reported that two of the five teams involved in cup semi-finals had now reached the finals. The under 17’s final will actually be at Croft Park.

3. CORRESPONDENCE
a) GY confirmed that the fire assessment of the social Club has been accepted and that he now needed to PAT test individual equipment.
b) IKE confirmed that our application for the 2010/11 FA Cup and FA Trophy had been completed and sent in to the FA.
c) IKE confirmed that Chris McCabe’s insurance claim had been completed and sent into the insurers.

4. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
a) A presentation of new kit for next season was shown to executive members. Comments were passed to MH and JY regarding colour of the Spartans badge. Further mock-ups will be produced for approval.
b) GY raised the issue of additional insurance cover that was on offer from the N.F.A. regarding claims against individual players/clubs who have been injured. Court case currently on going. SO will check with N.F.A. to see just what the cover is.
c) SO will supply IKE with a list of Sunday finals, this will be given to M. Lillico to ensure he is happy with the use of the re-fitted kitchen.
d) CB will contact Dräger in order to discuss on-going shirt sponsorship.
e) It was noted that due to availability the open forum has been moved from the 24th to the 25th of March.

5. NEXT MEETING.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 29th of March 2010 at 6pm

Posted by Spartan